Thursday, April 1, 2010

Came Up With LV Monogram Musette

Last week daughter one, Chloe, came up with her LV Monogram Musette and asked OH to put it in the Royal Exchange City branch for repair. One of the straps had come out, and looked as though it would need restitching. OH thought it would be a good idea to just go to a local Shoe Repairers, but I was having one of it, saying that it would devalue the Bag.

We had bought this for Chloe almost 6 years ago for her 14th Birthday from the Bond Street Branch and although it has been used a fair bit, it hasn't been used everyday. I can remember times when she has pinched bags of mine and used them for months on end, Celine Boogie Bag and Mark Jacobs Stam and I have had a hell of a job prising them off her for me to sell on ebay! Also bear in mind that one of my Boogie Bags, the large brown one, she still has and uses, even though it now looks almost as tatty and old as me! She was at school until she was 18, so the bag didn't get a great deal of use in its first four years.

OH took it to work with him and rang me from the store and said "It will be £42 for a new strap" I said "No thanks, we do not want a new strap, the leather will be pale cream and will look stupid on an old bag (trust an old bag to know) we just want that one restitched".
So he left it with them and trotted off.
Today he got a phone call from them saying "Sorry but the bag has been sent to Paris and they can't restitch it as a chunk of the canvas has gone". WTF?
To say I am furious and want to smash their heads in, is an understatment. So now with all the worry of Daughter 2 having an operation in Central London next week, whilst she is in Theatre, I shall cab it to Bond Street and have a bloody fit, instore, if they don't sort it.

Came Up With  LV Monogram Musette

I remember my first LV bag, an Alma. I was so pleased and proud and walked around the City of London as if I was the Dogs Bollocks, I went out for lunch every day, just to show it off, even if it was just to walk to Kossoffs for a Bagel (I used to love their cream cheese and always followed it up with a buttered Rock Cake! Does anyone know if they are still in Middlesex Street?). Anyway, I digress. The first day I walked into the office with it, my boss said "That bag will last you a lifetime" and it would have if I hadn't sold it! but why hasn't Chloe's lasted a lifetime. More shit for me to sort out next week, as if I haven't got enough on my plate!

No comments:

Post a Comment